What I love about makeup is that you can play with your face. You can emphasize what you like and hide what you do not like.
A beauty trick to make the eyes look bigger is to have long eyelashes, you can get this by using a high-quality eyelash serum. However, it takes some time and patience before the lashes grow out and reach their full potential. In the meantime, there are some makeup tips that I love to apply:
- Open up the eyes by applying concealer in the outer and inner part of the under eyes.
- When applying concealer under the eye, do not apply too far up and too close to the lower lash line. If you remove the natural shadows, the eyes can look flat, we want to keep the natural illusion of big eyes.
- Use a natural colored eye shadow. I actually usually use a bronzer, they often have a little bit of beautiful shimmer to it. Apply a little extra on the globe line to give the eye a beautiful depth.
- Use an eyeliner and apply from the center of the eye towards the outer part of the eye, as close to the lash line as you can.
- Use a light eyeliner on the waterline to open up the eye. If you want to give a natural impression, you should use a light beige pencil instead of a white one.
- Apply some highlighter in the inner part of the eye. This opens up the eye even more and gives a fresh and wakening impression.
- Last but not least, curl your lashes and apply mascara on the upper and lower lashes.